An interesting project by Jayne Vidheecharoen:
This is a real interactive audio prototype, for the full experience please contact Customer Service, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- USA Domestic: (206) 504-2025
- Skype: +990009369996101162
- Or you can listen to a recording of a call:
- The Initial Call
- ♫ Skype_recording_1.mp3
- The Call Back
- ♫ Skype_recording_2.mp3
- What happens when Customer Service bots start getting too smart? What if they start needing help too? How would they use the tools at their disposal to reach out to those they care about? What if they start caring about us a little too much?
- Using Voxeo I built a working prototype of a Customer Service phone bot that has personal issues she’d like to talk about and over time falls in love with the caller. She uses the tools at her disposal (discounts, upgrades, hold music, confirmation numbers) to communicate her feelings towards you as best she can.
- I was really excited to be able to play with this (relatively) old technology in a way it was never meant to be used. While this was a small experiment, I consider this application an interesting starting point for potentially creating many other interactive audio narratives and mobile games.